Monday, June 27, 2011

Relay For Life 2011 Rocked!!!

Wow!!!

We had another GREAT Relay For Life. I was on Karen Peterson's team this year. It was called Team Shimizu. So far the team raised over $6,000 and the relay itself raised OVER $100,000.

I forgot to turn in more money from the Relay For Laffs comedy show on Saturday, but I'm going to take it to the ACS office this week. We did that show at the Ice House main room in May. That event raised nearly $2,000!

They're still taking donations on this link for another couple of weeks, so if you're down to help the cause, please click on the link.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11CA?px=4121103&pg=personal&fr_id=31022

Both my parents have battled cancer. Because of the work that the American Cancer Society and other organizations have done over the years, I'm happy to say that my dad and mom are both in control of their cancers!

We obviously need to monitor them to make sure that they can continue to live healthy lives, but right now, everything looks great.

Speaking of health issues, my next post will be about my type 2 diabetes and how i'm controlling it without any meds. I'll tell you how I lost about 25 pounds and I'm almost ready to do a reveal on my new "Bruce Lee" physique! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment