Monday, February 21, 2011

Twitter and Facebook have made me lazy about blogging!!!

At first, I thought that the 150 or so characters that Twitter gives you to say something would be too restrictive.

I can barely get my name in that many characters.

But what I have found is that Twitter MAKES me get to the point....FAST! That is a GREAT thing for me, because I have a tendency to put too many words in my comedy routines. Twitter gives me a mental exercise to be more concise in my writing.

Now I'm tweeting and posting on my Facebook profile at the same time using MA Chatterbox. MA Chatterbox can be accessed through my shopping website http://www.marketamerica.com/ScottShimamoto

This site saves me a lot of time because my friend and Webmaster extraordinaire, Paula Johnson http://www.paulajohnson.com/ set up my twitter account to automatically update this site and I'm killing two birds with that single stone.

The problem is that I have not been as disciplined as I should be when it comes to posting a new thought to this blog.

Am i too busy? Maybe. Am I too lazy to update this blog? Probably.

I will tell you that I have been writing A LOT of new material. Hopefully, you'll see a lot more new stuff in the upcoming shows described in the next paragraph.

I'm doing an industry showcase with Vargus Mason at the Comedy Store Main room on Wednesday, February 23. Paula Johnson and I are producing a St Patrick's Day music and comedy show on Thursday, March 17 at Zapata Vive in Arcadia.

OK, so now that I've gotten that off my chest, look for a really meaningful post that is more than 150 characters soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment